Logansport-Cass County Public Library1890 --First library tax was levied
Nov. 1, 1894 --Library opened in a building on the present site with 1450 volumes.
1901 --Arrangements were completed with Mr. Andrew Carnegie for $35,000 to build a new library building
Aug. 1, 1904 --Work completed on new building made of Indiana Bedford stone in a classic style of architecture. The library had 14,500 volumes and loaned 30,000 volumes annually.
1918 --The library became a county library.
1920 --Steel stacks were moved to the basement for additional room and an elevator was added.
1922 --A mezzanine floor was installed with additional book stacks.
1924 --The County Book Wagon burned in a garage fire.
1926 --The mezzanine floor was enlarged with additional book stacks.
1939 --Funds left to the library by Mrs. Ruth Winters were used to remodel the interior and add a balcony. The library had 77,794 volumes and loaned 329,485 volumes annually.
March 17, 1941 --A tragic fire destroyed the building and 25,000 volumes from the collection.
Sept. 25, 1942 --The community celebrated the formal opening of the new building.
1947 --A new Indiana Library Law was passed to strengthen library service statewide.
1964 --A $150,000 new addition to the Library was completed.
1966 --The School Board converted and merged with the County Library Board under the 1947 Library Law.
1970-72 --A $246,604 Randtriever was added and a $109,997 building project was completed.
1977 --The Maiben Building was purchased for $30,000.
1982 --Annexation was completed with a microfiche room and 25,000 volumes of book shelving.